Friday, September 29, 2006

Course Evaluations

So I am officially finished with teaching for the semester. Yesterday was our last day of class before my students go out for four weeks of teaching practice in local schools, which I will not be able to oversee since I’ll be back home for that whole wedding thing. This term was really difficult and TONS of work but it was really great and so rewarding and fulfilling. I asked for some feedback from my students so that I could try to improve my methods for next year and got some fun responses. My favorite suggestion was regarding the fact that I had the same students for 4 hours straight once a week and it drove us all nuts:

"I hope that the time of this course will change because after this double followed by the other double hour, man I'm tired of sitting on the same chair!"

Overall they were really positive and seemed to really like me, even if I do talk too fast and use overly complicated language. I learned a lot and hopefully they learned at least a bit as well and it feels really great to have a sense of completion about it all, especially since we're going home in just over a week and there's a ton of packing and shopping and general craziness to take care of first, so it's nice to be able to start focusing fully on that since it is only 3 WEEKS until the wedding. Wow.