Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Point of View

Robin, who works in the same department as my parents, sent me the following:

"About you teaching college... Maybe you remember this, but years back we were at an Eco Evo department retreat in the mountains. Mountain X. I skipped out of the endless boring talks to play basketball with Drew. He was pretty little, not sick yet. He asked me if I did the same kind of work as his mom and dad. I said yes. He said GOD! YUK! How can you STAND IT!!!! So I asked him what he wanted to do when he grew up. He said he wanted to do something fun, like work at Del Taco."

Everyone has their own perspective. I can only imagine how disappointed he'd be at what a "boring" adult I've become :D Although I bet he'd think selling funnel cakes was pretty cool, especially for such a steep profit!